- NAME: Charles Kuralt
- OCCUPATION: Radio Personality, News Anchor, Journalist
- BIRTH DATE: September 10, 1934
- DEATH DATE: July 04, 1997
- EDUCATION: University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, Central High School, Alexander Graham Junior High School
- PLACE OF BIRTH: Wilmington, North Carolina
- PLACE OF DEATH: New York City, New York
Best Known For
Charles Kuralt was a multiple Emmy and Peabody Award-winning broadcast journalist who produced the well-loved "On The Road" segments for the CBS Evening News.
Think you know about Biography?
Answer questions and see how you rank against other players.Play Now
Into the 1980s, Kuralt anchored the CBS Sunday Morning show. Over the course of his career, he won three Peabody awards and ten Emmy Awards for his broadcast journalism. Charles Kuralt died in 1997 in New York City at the age of 62.
Kuralt's death brought about the unearthing of an unusually complicated private life. For nearly 30 years, he had maintained one home with his wife in Manhattan, and another with his lover—and her children from a previous marriage
© 2013 A+E Networks. All rights reserved.
profile name: Charles Kuralt profile occupation:
Sign in with Facebook to see how you and your friends are connected to famous icons.
Your Friends' Connections
Included In These Groups
Famous University of North Carolina Alumni 15 people in this group
Famous Virgoans 561 people in this group
Famous News Anchors 50 people in this group