- NAME: Charles Henry Turner
- OCCUPATION: Educator, Zoologist
- BIRTH DATE: February 03, 1867
- DEATH DATE: February 14, 1923
- Did You Know?: Charles Henry Turner was the first person to discover that insects can hear and alter behavior based on previous experience.
- EDUCATION: Gaines High School, University of Cincinnati
- PLACE OF BIRTH: Cincinnati, Ohio
- PLACE OF DEATH: Chicago, Illinois
- Full Name: Charles Henry Turner
- AKA: Charles H. Turner
- AKA: Charles Turner
Best Known For
Charles Henry Turner, a zoologist and scholar, was the first person to discover that insects can hear and alter behavior based on previous experience.
Think you know about Biography?
Answer questions and see how you rank against other players.Play Now
Louis, Missouri, the city where he spent so many years as a teacher. On the campus of Clark Atlanta University, he is remembered on the Tanner-Turner Hall building. And children have learned about his influential work though the 1997 children's book Bug Watching with Charles Henry Turner by M.E. Ross.
In recent years, his groundbreaking work has been reintroduced to the public through the publication of Selected Papers and Biography of Charles Henry Turner,
Pioneer of Comparative Animal Behavior Studies (2003).
© 2013 A+E Networks. All rights reserved.
profile name: Charles Henry Turner profile occupation:
Sign in with Facebook to see how you and your friends are connected to famous icons.
Your Friends' Connections
Included In These Groups
Famous Academics 445 people in this group
Famous Teachers 225 people in this group
Famous Aquarians 592 people in this group