- NAME: Cecil Beaton
- OCCUPATION: Photographer, Writer
- BIRTH DATE: January 14, 1904
- DEATH DATE: January 18, 1980
- EDUCATION: St. John's College, University of Cambridge
- PLACE OF BIRTH: London, England, United Kingdom
- PLACE OF DEATH: Broadchalke, Salisbury, Wiltshire, England, United Kingdom
- Full Name: Sir Cecil Walter Hardy Beaton
- AKA: Sir Cecil Beaton
- AKA: Cecil Beaton
Best Known For
Sir Cecil Beaton was an English fashion photographer who is also known for his work as a diarist, interior designer, and Oscar-winning stage and costume designer.
Think you know about Biography?
Answer questions and see how you rank against other players.Play Now
Famed fashion photographer Sir Cecil Beaton was born on January 14, 1904, in London, England. As a child, he adored the picture postcards of society ladies that came with the the Sunday newspaper. In the 1920s, he was hired as a staff photographer for Vanity Fair and Vogue, where he developed a unique style of posing sitters with unusual backgrounds. He was also a diarist, interior designer, and Oscar-winning stage and costume designer. Beaton died in Broadchalke, Salisbury, Wiltshire, England, on January 18, 1980.
© 2013 A+E Networks. All rights reserved.
Included In These Groups
Best Costume Design Oscar Winners 2 people in this group
Famous Capricorns 515 people in this group
Famous Photographers 59 people in this group
profile name: Cecil Beaton profile occupation:
Sign in with Facebook to see how you and your friends are connected to famous icons.