- NAME: Antonio López de Santa Anna
- OCCUPATION: Warrior, World Leader
- BIRTH DATE: February 21, 1794
- DEATH DATE: June 21, 1876
- PLACE OF BIRTH: Jalapa, Mexico
- PLACE OF DEATH: Mexico City, Mexico
- Full Name: Antonio de Padua María Severino López de Santa Anna y Pérez de Lebrón
- AKA: Antonio López de Santa Anna
- Nickname: "Napoleon of the West"
Best Known For
Antonio López de Santa Anna was a 19th century Mexican military officer who acted as the country’s president and dictator at different periods.
Think you know about Biography?
Answer questions and see how you rank against other players.Play Now
Antonio López de Santa Anna, born on February 21, 1794, in Jalapa, Mexico, became a military captain and was elected president in 1833, known for his efforts in staving off Spain’s attempt to recapture the country. Santa Anna was later involved in conflicts with France and the U.S., including the secession of Texas, and was seen as responsible for much of Mexico’s turmoil. He died on June 21, 1876.
© 2013 A+E Networks. All rights reserved.
Included In These Groups
Famous Pisceans 556 people in this group
Famous Military Leaders 243 people in this group
Famous Mexicans 53 people in this group
profile name: Antonio López de Santa Anna profile occupation:
Sign in with Facebook to see how you and your friends are connected to famous icons.