- NAME: Anita Roddick
- OCCUPATION: Animal Rights Activist, Entrepreneur
- BIRTH DATE: October 23, 1942
- DEATH DATE: September 10, 2007
- EDUCATION: Newton Park College of Education
- PLACE OF BIRTH: Littlehampton, United Kingdom
- PLACE OF DEATH: Chichester, United Kingdom
- Maiden Name: Anita Lucia Perilli
- Full Name: Anita Lucia Roddick
Best Known For
Dame Anita Roddick founded The Body Shop cosmetics chain which banned animal testing in its products and promoted various social and environmental causes.
Think you know about Biography?
Answer questions and see how you rank against other players.Play Now
© 2014 A+E Networks. All rights reserved.
Included In These Groups
Famous Scorpios 554 people in this group
These days, many celebrities take on causes and raise awareness of issues they care about. Some stars choose to speak on behalf of those who can't speak for themselves— animals, that is. From Pamela Anderson to Betty White, here are some famous animal rights activists.
Famous Animal Rights Activists 54 people in this group
Famous Activists 533 people in this group
profile name: Anita Roddick profile occupation:
Sign in with Facebook to see how you and your friends are connected to famous icons.