- NAME: Alexa Canady
- OCCUPATION: Educator, Surgeon
- BIRTH DATE: November 07, 1950 (Age: 63)
- Did You Know?: In 1976, Alexa Canady became the first female African-American neurosurgery resident in the United States.
- Did You Know?: In 1981, Alexa Canady became the first female African-American neurosurgeon in the United States.
- Did You Know?: In 1984, Alexa Canady became the first female African American to be certified by the American Board of Neurological Surgery.
- EDUCATION: University of Michigan
- PLACE OF BIRTH: Lansing, Michigan
- Full Name: Alexa Irene Canady
- AKA: Alexa Canady
- AKA: Alexa I. Canady
- AKA: Dr. Alexa Canady
- ZODIAC SIGN: Scorpio
Best Known For
In 1981, Alexa Canady became the first female African-American neurosurgeon in the United States.
Think you know about Biography?
Answer questions and see how you rank against other players.Play Now
Canady was inducted into the Michigan Women's Hall of Fame in 1989 and received the American Medical Women's Association President's Award in 1993. In addition to these honors, and a career filled with other accomplishments, Canady stands out as an example for those who face a daunting career path.
© 2013 A+E Networks. All rights reserved.
profile name: Alexa Canady profile occupation:
Sign in with Facebook to see how you and your friends are connected to famous icons.
Your Friends' Connections
Included In These Groups
Famous Academics 445 people in this group
Famous Teachers 225 people in this group
Famous Scorpios 551 people in this group