He was the host of six game shows before he was hired by Merv Griffin to host what would become one of the most popular trivia shows in television history.
If you said "Who is Alex Trebek?" you'd be right! But chances are the mustachioed image above gave it away. Today Mr. Trebek celebrates his 73rd birthday as well as his 29th year as host of over 6,000 episodes of Jeopardy! And to celebrate we thought we'd offer up our own Jeopardy-style clues for you to learn more about the man behind the answers. Let's find out what the categories are!
1) My Only Weakness! for $600 According to the animated series Family Guy, Alex Trebek can be defeated in a manner similar to this Superman villain.
2) Wardrobe Malfunctions for $1000 In an unaired segment of a 2005 episode of 'Jeopardy! Ultimate Tournament of Champions,' Alex Trebek walked on stage sans this article of clothing.
3) The Trebek Files for $1200 In the popular sci-fi show The X-Files, this famed musician was the original choice for the role that eventually went to Alex Trebek in the episode "Jose Chung's From Outer Space."
4) Final Jeopardy! Retroactive Resume Alex Trebek once considered this profession before visiting one of its more silent sects.
1. Mr. Myxlplyx 2. Pants 3. Johnny Cash 4. Priest