With legendary guitarist Eddie Van Halen celebrating a birthday this week and his band gearing up for its reunion tour, we're loading up our playlist with our favorite rock songs. We're going back to the days of soaring guitar riffs and thumping beats. Can you guess these rockers in five clues or less?
Mystery Person #1
- Clue 1. In the '60s I sang like a bird.
- Clue 2. Later, I was the Cream of the crop.
- Clue 3. I have a very slow hand.
- Clue 4. I wrote one of my best-known songs after the death of my son.
- Clue 5. Layla sure looks Wonderful Tonight.
Mystery Person #2
- Clue 1. I was a real Bohemian rocker.
- Clue 2. I was "Queen" in England for a time.
- Clue 3. My last name is also a planet.
- Clue 4. I passed away right after announcing I had AIDS.
- Clue 5. I wrote We Are the Champions, but you don't have to have rhapsodies about it.
Mystery Person #3
- Clue 1. You could say I began my musical career as a cave dweller.
- Clue 2. I can play both the guitar and the sitar.
- Clue 3. My band wasn't on the run, but my buddy's was.
- Clue 4. My guitar wept gently.
- Clue 5. Me and my three friends made a fabulous foursome.
Mystery Person #4
- Clue 1. My father was an admiral.
- Clue 2. I was once arrested for indecent exposure.
- Clue 3. The book "Doors of Perception" inspired me.
- Clue 4. I am the Lizard King.
- Clue 5. I just want you to Light My Fire.
Mystery Person #5
- Clue 1. In 2011, I opened a "pay-what-you-can" restaurant.
- Clue 2. In the '90s I became a Versace model.
- Clue 3. In the '80s I had really big hair.
- Clue 4. My band and I share the same name.
- Clue 5. Watch out on the streets of New Jersey where it can get Slippery When Wet.