In honor of Muhammad Ali's 70th birthday this week, we take a look at the world of boxing. Before Ali became a worldwide cultural icon and humanitarian, he built his legacy in the boxing ring against formidable adversaries. Can you guess these opponents of the boxing legend in five clues or less?
Mystery Person #1
- Clue 1. Houston, Texas, was my hometown.
- Clue 2. All my five sons are named after me.
- Clue 3. At age 45, I became the oldest heavyweight champion.
- Clue 4. My famous fight with Ali was billed as "Rumble in the Jungle."
- Clue 5. I have a line of cooking tools.
Mystery Person #2
- Clue 1. I'm known for my aggressive style and powerful left hook.
- Clue 2. I won the Olympic heavyweight gold medal in 1964.
- Clue 3. My oldest son and daughter are boxers too.
- Clue 4. My rivalry with Ali was epic.
- Clue 5. One of my most memorable fights was the "Thrilla in Manila."
Mystery Person #3
- Clue 1. My brother and I became the first set of brothers to win Olympic gold in the same sport.
- Clue 2. My first pro fight was in Las Vegas against Bob Smith.
- Clue 3. My signature grin made the cover of Sports Illustrated.
- Clue 4. They used to call me "Neon."
- Clue 5. I won the heavyweight title against Ali in only my eighth professional fight.