Back in the 1980s, when the detectives on Miami Vice were the epitome of cool, you could understand how actor Philip Michael Thomas (Detective Rico Tubbs) would set his sights high. Back in the heyday of linen suits, shoulder pads and fast cars, Thomas dreamed of winning an Emmy, Grammy, Oscar and Tony within a span of five years. Almost three decades later, he has yet to realize those dreams, but the memory of his gold EGOT medallion lives on in 30 Rock story lines and Hollywood parlance. Following are the select group of entertainers who did earn the distinction of having won all four awards. Can you guess who they are in five clues or less?
Mystery Person #1
- Clue 1. I was born in Brussels during World War II.
- Clue 2. Later in life, I helped children as a goodwill ambassador for UNICEF.
- Clue 3. My Givenchy little black dress is an iconic fashion statement.
- Clue 4. The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain!
- Clue 5. Let's have Breakfast at Tiffany's.
Mystery Person #2
- Clue 1. I started out my career as a stand-up comic in the Borscht Belt.
- Clue 2. In the '60s, I helped create the TV show Get Smart.
- Clue 3. Gene Wilder was my Young Frankenstein.
- Clue 4. Watch out for the campfire scene in Blazing Saddles.
- Clue 5. Springtime for Hitler is my idea of funny.
Mystery Person #3
- Clue 1. I was born Caryn Elaine Johnson in New York City.
- Clue 2. I once sang "Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend" with Miss Piggy.
- Clue 3. I was the first woman to host the Oscars.
- Clue 4. My role as a psychic who reunites Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore won me an Oscar.
- Clue 5. Now you can see me every day on The View.
Mystery Person #4
- Clue 1. I sang in my high school choir with Neil Diamond.
- Clue 2. Diane Lane is my daughter-in-law.
- Clue 3. I avoided live performances for almost three decades because of my stage fright.
- Clue 4. I've had number one albums in each of the past five decades.
- Clue 5. I'm a Funny Girl who loves People.
Check out the complete list of EGOT Winners.
Got something to say?blog comments powered by Disqus
More from BIO Now
The Superman CurseJune 18, 2013 11:03AM byJoe McGaskoJaws: Steven Spielberg's Animatronic HorrorJune 17, 2013 11:00AM byAndrew CannizzaroDad Gummit! 6 Famous Dads—From the Weird to the WonderfulJune 14, 2013 10:44AM byEudie Pak'Jurassic Park' Cast: Where Are They Now?June 13, 2013 10:54AM byAraceli Cruz'The Haunting Of': Behind the Scenes with Elisabeth RohmJune 12, 2013 11:28AM byKim Russo